SUCCESSFUL SaaS FOR COMPLEX FITNESS CLUB & GYM MANAGEMENT
Volo is a complex system working as a fitness club & gym management software. Currently it’s one of the leading SaaS products for web-based billing and scheduling among fitness club owners across Canada and US.
2007 – Ongoing
Tomcat, Java, JSP, Postgres Database, React
CLIENT & SITUATION
Volo Innovations was a startup based out of Vancouver, created by Nikki and Barry Layton in 2007 who at the time were gym owners looking for a solution to manage their gym and its operations. Since they could not find anything on the market that would satisfy their needs, they decided to create a custom SaaS application for themselves and other gym owners.
Gecko Dynamics helped Volo Innovations by developing a whole product (called by itself Volo) from scratch and maintaining its further development & support. Over the next years, Volo became a successful product and one of the leading applications for gym management in US and Canada.
System functionality includes:
- Scheduling – integrated scheduling and billing modules automatically tracks all sessions to customers’ accounts and to payroll
- Billing & invoicing – Volo makes invoicing system easier and quicker, adding purchases, cancellations, and membership fees to member accounts automatically, allowing to issue an accurate invoice within seconds.
- Integration with various billing systems
- Marketing – automated marketing modules including newsletters and other user-interactions tools, reaching existing members, as well as prospective clients.
- Reporting – complex analytical tools allows you to instantly access relevant business reports to manage the growth of your business, identifying revenue opportunities, staff demand, the number of new memberships, and much more.
- Member Portal – members can manage their own schedules and appoint classes with trainers, as well as pay for it and purchase products being sold at gyms
- ERP sub-system
- Hardware integration – automatic locks, entrance gates, membership cards
- Importing data from integrated hardware to track members’ behaviors
- Staff management
- Much more
Volo quickly became one of the leading SaaS systems for fitness club & gym management in US and Canada and is currently being used by over 1,000 fitness clubs across the 2 countries
Turning more and more successful, in 2012 Volo Innovations has been acquired by Member Solutions Inc. (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jonas Software www.jonassoftware.com)
Due to acquisition, source code developed by our company successfully passed independent third party code audit for scalability & security.
We constantly develop the product further, as its new owners wished.
Volo continues to grow after being purchased by Member Solutions, Inc.
As the new owners identified a surprisingly outstanding quality of the code and development practises,
we have been hired to continue doing the job by developing the product further,
maintaining it and securing its technological growth and success.
What the client says
They were excellent. Timely deliveries and competitive rates combined with exceptional math and technical skills make Gecko Dynamics an ideal partner. They demonstrated a greater understanding of our mission than other companies had shown in the past.
Their project management was amazing. They also suggested technical solutions that saved us time & money, which our customers also appreciated. After 9 years of continuous cooperation, I can recommend Gecko as one of the best business partners I’ve ever worked with.
From 1 to 5, I would rate them a 6 if I could. They’re amazing. The value they provide is why we’ve worked with them so long. I’m willing to drive down the street in the middle of L.A. when I’m tired to make sure they have a good review.
By synchronizing production information across all 3 plants, the database system facilitated substantial company growth, leading to sales doubling over 4 years. Gecko Dynamics familiarized themselves with unique industry challenges to produce a customized solution and become a long-term partner.
Profitability is up with a recent project achieving a 25% increase in monthly revenue. Added features deepen engagement with existing customers and attract an ever-expanding range of new business. While close relationships are a key asset, they’ve created an informality in need of correcting.
See other case studies
Create your own success story
- It’s non-obliging and free
- Friendly chat with a passionate advisor
- Professional consultancy of your project – hear our ideas and suggestions
- Get a quote for your project
- 5.0 rating for a reason
- See the value added we bring
- Let us show you why we’re here
- You will be happy with it